I found out the other day that my old Primary School turned 100 years old in 2015. Pity I didn’t get an invite to the celebrations, if there was any.
Anyway, it got me thinking of all those memories from primary school, and I thought I would share them with you now.
- Getting told off for drawing tyres on a car incorrectly, because I had wasted crayon by not drawing them as perfect circles.
- Walking past the Milk Bar next to the school to see the newspaper masthead “Lennon Dead”.
- Only ever being picked last, if at all for play time sports.
- Having to walk on an imaginary tightrope, while only wearing my underwear. Not sure what that one was about.
- Finding part of a gold sticker box, which had been stolen from some classroom. I reported it and got accused of stealing it in the first place.
- The multipurpose room, and playing a reindeer in a school play.
- Christmas beetles.
- The library being burnt down by someone.
Yeah. Great memories indeed.